Saturday, June 7, 2008

What a week

Well, it's been quite a rollarcoaster ride this week! I have had very very strong Braxton Hicks contractions for quite some time now. On Thursday I noticed they were coming 5 minutes apart! After timing them for a few hours Chuck and I thought it would be safer to go get checked. We went to the hospital straight to labor and delivery. Once I was hooked up to the monitors my contractions were 3 minutes apart.
The Drs. started asking me if I was going in for anoother c-section or how I was going to deliver. I looked at Chuck and said OH MY he's coming!!! They checked me and I am 2 cm dilated. With my contractions they way they were it would have only been a matter of time. They called my OBGYN and ran some tests. They did an ultrasound and then the Drs. came back on the room and stabbed me with a giant needle. They were stopping my labor. Little mans lungs are not fully developed and if he would have been born he would have gone right to the NICU so we wanted it stopped if at all possible.. The medicine worked great. My contractions stopped within minutes but the side effects were more than miserable. It caused a rapid heartbeat and pretty bad shaking. I had the choice if I wanted to stay over night or go home. I came home. I was on strict orders to sit and do NOTHING. Last night my contractions started again and we went back to the hospital within an hour. Good news is I had no more dilating, mostly because we caught it so early. I now have to take this medicine 3 times a day for the next week. after that everything should be A-OK for little mans arrival! :)

No comments: