I had my monthly check-up this afternoon and everything is great! The heart rate is 150 BPM. It's slowed down a little! Could it be a boy? Well we will know sooner than we thought. My Dr. office is going to schedule my first 3-D ultrasound so we will actually get to see what the baby really looks like at this point! The 3-D ultrasounds I had with Brooke were just incredible. We could see her hair and her big chubby cheeks!
I have 3-D ultrasounds because during my first pregnancy I was diagnosed with Thrombophilia. This is a genetic disorder that causes Blood Clots (DVTS) and may cause some problems with blood flow through the placenta to the baby. Initially I was worried about this diagnosis and looked up every horror story on the Internet but my DRS. monitor me very close and I am not worried a bit! I take aspirin and additional Folic Acid along with my vitamins daily and after delivery I have to take a blood thinner called Coumadin and give myself daily injections of another blood thinner Lovenox. It sounds worse than it is. AND I would rather be safe than sorry!
It is a condition I do have to watch the rest of my life but there are ALOT of people living with this and at least I am aware of the signs and symptoms of the clot so I can get help if needed!
I will keep everyone posted as to when the big day will be! I am sure it will at least be a week or 2 until the ultrasound is scheduled. I CAN'T WAIT!
As for the pelvic pain. Like I thought it is completley normal. Actually the Dr. said it is common after the first pregnancy and caused by weakened abdominal muscles! So what's he saying!?! I didn't do my sit-ups?? WELL...he's right.. I really didn't.. :) But I am always glad to hear something is normal! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment