
For the past couple of months I have been tired. No Kidding right? I'm pregnant with a soon to be 2 year old. My tired had turned into pure exhaustion and I was getting to the point where it was too much to go anywhere because I felt like falling asleep driving. At my last OB appt. I expressed this concern to my DR. who had a strong suspicion that I was anemic. He took bloodwork to confirm and wrote me out a prescription. I came home and looked at my vitamins. I have been taking Flintstones (2 a day) like I did with Brooke because it made me less nauseated. After furthur investigating I discovered Flinstones have ZERO IRON in them. Pregnant women need Iron because the Placenta takes all of it! I have been going through this entire pregnancy with none! I def. do not eat a diet rich in Iron either. Well I am happy to say that after only 4 days on Iron, I am still tired but I feel my energy coming back! It's great that I actually feel like playing with Brooke again and taking her places! It's amazing what 1 little mineral will do for ya!!! :)
1 comment:
I can not believe you have been taking Flinstone vitamins while you were pregnant 8). Where are those prenatal vitamins? I am glad to hear that you have a bit more energy now that you are actually consuming some iron. Did Brooke overcome her tantrum from the other day that ended our phone call early?
Post a Comment